Eggplant & Yogurt Dip is a common Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dish. Iran, Lebanon, Egypt, Israel, Greece and other countries have their own variations. This recipe is essentially the same as what is called Baba Ganoush.
Borani-e bademajan
Ingredients:
2 large eggplants
1 tsp olive oil
4 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup drained yogurt (or tahini paste can be used for a non dairy version)
4 tsp chopped fresh mint or 1 tsp dried
2 tsp fresh lime juice
Garnish:
1/4 tsp ground saffron threads in 2 tsp of hot water
1 tsp drained yogurt
fresh mint leaves
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse eggplant and prick it in several spots to let heat escape and prevent burning.
2. Place eggplant on baking sheet and bade for 1 hour.
3. Remove eggplant. Let cool enough to handle. Peel eggplant skin. Remove as many seeds as possible. Then chop eggplant into 2-3 inch cubes.
4. Transfer to food processor and add remaining ingredients. Pulse 3-4 times until just blended.
5. Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with saffron water, drained yogurt and mint leaves. Serve either hot or cold with lavash bread, pita bread, or naan. I prefer it hot with 1/2 tsp olive oil drizzled on top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jicama Salad
Natasha's Jicama Salad with apple & cilantro Ingredients: 1/2 cucumber, chopped 1/2 zucchini, chopped 1/2 red apple, chopped 1/3...
-
Today, I set out to make this baba ghanoush recipe (with a few changes), but right as I was about to pull the eggplant out of the oven, the...
-
Natasha's Jicama Salad with apple & cilantro Ingredients: 1/2 cucumber, chopped 1/2 zucchini, chopped 1/2 red apple, chopped 1/3...
-
~~~ What, oh what, oh what can I do with baby baby bellas! I saw these in Kroger yesterday, and they looked too cute to not take some home w...
No comments:
Post a Comment