Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Natural & Organic Beauty: Home-made cleanser

I recently ran out of my facial cleanser, and wasn't really looking forward to buying the same brand again. It's always been so hard for me to find the perfect cleanser that, of course, leaves my skin clean, moisturized, and doesn't seem to cause a blemish. Just for fun, and a bit of hope, I put together a home-made cleanser based on what I knew about 2 very special ingredients, jojoba oil and aloe vera gel.

Ingredients and rationale:

Jojoba oil has been wonderful for my hair as it cleans follicles and pores of the scalp by dissolving sebum and moisturizing, as well as makes the hair beautifully shiny. I'd also occasionally used jojoba oil as a make-up remover and moisturizer at night. I thought why not as a cleanser itself?!

Aloe vera gel for its super-hydrating and healing properties.

Method:
Squeeze a dime-sized amount of aloe vera gel into your hand with about the same amount of jojoba oil. Rub your hands together to get the cleanser mixed together. Simply spread over your face with your hands. You may even run your fingers back over certain areas gently massaging the ingredients into the skin. Wipe your skin with a wet washcloth. Then rinse skin with slightly cooler water.

I've used this cleanser for 2 weeks now, and wow, my skin glows! I don't have any plans to change this routine! As I said in my previous post, I think along with my diet, cleanser and mask, my skin is wonderfully clear now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jicama Salad

Natasha's Jicama Salad with apple & cilantro Ingredients: 1/2 cucumber, chopped 1/2 zucchini, chopped 1/2 red apple, chopped 1/3...