Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tempted by tropical bliss

Something really awesome has come up recently, an opportunity to go to a tropical island to work! I'm a consultant in my field, and I've just about been offered a job to move to the Cayman Islands with accommodations paid, and a pretty nice salary. Apparently there are not many people in my field offering services there hence the extra incentive of paid accommodations. It's really a dream situation for me as I've been wanting to get scuba certified and Grand Cayman is ideal for that. Oh me oh my, to get out of concrete fields (aka Dallas) and instead be surrounded by tropical bliss sounds wonderful! I'm seriously considering accepting this job if I'm offered it. I'm on round two of the interviews. I think I could be offered the job after I speak with the lady again tomorrow. The contract is for a year, but there's a 14-day period wherein either party could back out of it for any reason, and a 3 month "probationary" type period. Essentially, I would have three months there at least before I would then need to commit to the remaining months in the year. And I think I can handle that arrangement. :) The all-paid apartment is on the "seven mile beach". I'm so excited about this opportunity, and I think at my age and the lack of vacations I've had and fever for adventure, this is something I wouldn't let pass me by. I pray this works out for me!!




2 comments:

  1. Hopped here from another blog, and the pics are just breathtaking. How exciting it would be if you do accept the job offer at the islands.
    Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anudivya, I know - the pics are blissful!
    I wish I could have gone! - I don't think I can leave my dog in the states for a year. - That issue popped up after I was offered the job. I know it sounds crazy to pass on the opportunity, but I've had her 8 years. Where ever I go I need to be able to bring her with no problem. I'll settle for a vacation there :)

    ReplyDelete

Jicama Salad

Natasha's Jicama Salad with apple & cilantro Ingredients: 1/2 cucumber, chopped 1/2 zucchini, chopped 1/2 red apple, chopped 1/3...