Friday, April 15, 2011

Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad


One of my favorite salads, I buy a couple times a month over at Central Market. It's a tasty little Asian noodle salad with spicy peanut dressing. Mmmm, it's so delicious! On a whim the other day, I decided to see if I could replicate it at home, and I did to some degree or another. :) Here it is...
 
Peanut Sauce. This is adapted from Ellie Krieger's delicious recipe.

1/2 cup Smucker's natural chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen red curry paste)
1 green onion, chopped

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Makes 1 1/4 cups, and will keep in the fridge for a few days.

Noodles. I haven't researched the perfect noodles. There weren't many options at the store; so between the two I found, I chose the one without food coloring! Cook per directions, and then stir in a small portion of peanut dressing.

Salad. Organic mixed greens. Red cabbage, cilantro, carrot and green onion slices.

Now, prepare the salad. Place peanut noodles on top, followed by carrot and green onion. Add peanut dressing to taste.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jicama Salad

Natasha's Jicama Salad with apple & cilantro Ingredients: 1/2 cucumber, chopped 1/2 zucchini, chopped 1/2 red apple, chopped 1/3...