~~~
Over the Thanksgiving holiday I made a wonderful recipe for coconut banana bread that I found in Cooking Light. If you like traditional seasonal flavors, but also appreciate a little fusion twist, then this tasty, tart (mmm..lime glaze) and sweet bread is for you.
Ingredients:
Bread
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
3 bananas
1/4 cup yogurt
3 tablespoons dark rum (I've made the bread with and without rum, and didn't taste a difference... The only difference I noticed was the overall brown tint of the bread when rum is used.)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Topping
1 tablespoon sweetened flaked coconut
Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Method:
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter with mixer. Add eggs and continue to beat. Add banana, yogurt, rum and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture, along with 1/2 cup coconut flakes.
Spoon batter into a well-greased loaf pan. Top evenly with 1 tablespoon coconut flakes.
Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until knife comes out dry & the bread is golden brown.
For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and lime juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over the bread when the bread comes out of the oven.
Let the bread cool for 10 minutes.
Slice & serve.
E n j o y !
P.S. I also made another delicious bread, Cardamom Banana Bread with Pistachios! Saving for another post... :)
What a delicious bread! All of my favorites in one. The lime glaze does sound real yummy. Sweet and tart is the best.
ReplyDeleteOh this sounds delicious! And I am looking forward to the cardamom one as well!
ReplyDeleteWow, that sounds awesome and delicious!
ReplyDeleteCoconut and Lime.Yum! This sounds so delicious.
ReplyDelete