Today, I set out to make this baba ghanoush recipe (with a few changes), but right as I was about to pull the eggplant out of the oven, the glass pyrex dish exploded in the oven. I totally flipped out as you can imagine! I will NEVER again bake with a glass dish. :( I am sooo thankful that the oven door wasn't open when it exploded. Apparently (as evident by a google search) this issue with pyrex dishes exploding in the oven is common. In all of my years of baking with them, this has never happened to me nor had I ever heard of this happening. Scary!!!! Be careful over the holidays, people!
Where were we? Oh, yes, the eggplant. Eggplant quickly turned into chick peas. After the little incident, I heated up some chick peas and added them to the food processor where I already had sesame seeds, garlic, cumin powder, lemon juice, Himalayan sea salt, and yogurt waiting. I zipped these ingredients through the food processor, scooped into a bowl, added caramelized onions & mint, poured olive oil over it...And ate it up savoring every bite. Did I mention how thankful I am that the oven door wasn't open? Whew!
thts a mouthwatering platter of hummus...simply amazing n droooooooolworthy....
ReplyDeleteohhmygoodness. that would have been horrific!! Hope you have a great christmas, and thank you for your comment :P
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh i'm so sorry to hear that. i generally only bake with glassware! thats scary.
ReplyDeletebut this looks friggen awesome my friend.
Oh my goodness.
ReplyDeleteSomethimes this happens when the glass is cold and has gone straight into a hot oven. I say, don't give up. Maybe give it a go again as most oven dishes are made from ceramics and glass.
Kind wishes.
Holy snikes! I've never had a glass pan explode on me....goodness I didn't even know that could happen. Poor eggplant. The hummus looks wonderful though.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that must have been scary! So sad about the eggplant :( Your hummus sounds delicious. Happy new year!
ReplyDeleteoh sorry about the glass dish so scary but hummus rocks
ReplyDeletehappy new year
Rebecca
Hey! About your vitamins! Are you still using them? I'll tell you what I did, after I saw the conference I told my family no more soy. It's not like we ate it daily, but I know the difference it makes in my body. Not that I want to publicly write this but in terms of "cycles" I can message you my experience. Here's my email, send me a message saying hey, and I'll write back! amykazandjian@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThank you for the support, friends! Happy New Year! Wishing you a bright and beautiful new beginning with all things good filling your life!
ReplyDeleteAmy, thanks for getting in touch. I have 2 more vitas in my bottle. I'll just finish them and start afresh for the new year! But I'm still looking for that perfect whole foods vitamin without soy. emailing you now... :)
Never heard of this about pyrex before! Sounds so scary! And I can imagine how much you worked on cleaning the mess.
ReplyDeleteYour hummus sounds so tempting! Caramelized onions sound like a good addition to it. YUM!
Dear Di
ReplyDeleteHow are you? Happy New year to you. I like this recipe. It is long since I had Hamous.
The glass breaking is bit unusual. Let me find out the reason. I am sure you have used genuine Corning glass (maker of Pyrex), still just check if it is a genuine one.
Have a nice weekend
thnx for visiting...will keep in touch with u :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the broken glass dish and the scare. I am glad you are not hurt. What u prepared sounds delicious.
ReplyDeletehi Di,
ReplyDeleteI chanced upon ur blog accidentally...u have a nice space ... humus looks tasty... it is also really scary when something unexpected happens while cooking... if u get time do visit my blog
Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com
Hi Di,
ReplyDeleteThat's a great looking hummus...:)Beautiful click too!!:)
Dr.Sameena@
http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/
Thanks Smita, Zerrin, Ushnish, Sayali, Quay, Satya, and Dr.Sameena! ~Di
ReplyDeletePyrex dish exploding in the oven is quite scary! Like the quick Hummus. Love such quick fixes when short on time.
ReplyDeleteI love this dip anytime, looks so yummy. First time in your blog you have some lovely collection of recipes with very impressive pictures.
ReplyDeleteLooks uber edible! Where the pita...:))
ReplyDelete