I finally made one of my favorite dishes. For a first try, I think my mirchi ka salan turned out pretty good! I followed the VahRehVah video for the recipe. I made a few adjustments... Sanjay used long green chili peppers, but I used anaheim peppers. Also, I did not have the sesame seeds. So I used dried couscous and fried it the way I would have done the sesame seeds. I simply had to improvise. ;) And finally, I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Mirchi Ka Salan
I finally made one of my favorite dishes. For a first try, I think my mirchi ka salan turned out pretty good! I followed the VahRehVah video for the recipe. I made a few adjustments... Sanjay used long green chili peppers, but I used anaheim peppers. Also, I did not have the sesame seeds. So I used dried couscous and fried it the way I would have done the sesame seeds. I simply had to improvise. ;) And finally, I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jicama Salad
Natasha's Jicama Salad with apple & cilantro Ingredients: 1/2 cucumber, chopped 1/2 zucchini, chopped 1/2 red apple, chopped 1/3...
-
Today, I set out to make this baba ghanoush recipe (with a few changes), but right as I was about to pull the eggplant out of the oven, the...
-
I finally made one of my favorite dishes. For a first try, I think my mirchi ka salan turned out pretty good! I followed the VahRehVah video...
-
I came across a recipe for Sweet Potato chips, and thought they sounded like a good snack alternative. I've been trying to get m...
Mirchi ka salan looks delicious . Nice with rice or chapathi
ReplyDeleteDear Di
ReplyDeleteI thought I would follow your blog silently for few days till I come back from my short break. But reading your comment at Messo, I cant help appreciating your great sense of Humor.
Let me read all your postings...
and it has been ages since I last made Mirchi ka salan..and forgotten too..will try your recipe soon..
Have an exciting week ahead
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLove mirch ka salan, but haven't made it in a long time. Sanjay Thumma is quite entertaining too. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Honeybee, It's been a while...Glad to see you posting again!
ReplyDelete