
My day is not complete if I don't have a frothy and spicy little cup of tea. Here's what I like to make and drink every day. :)
Ingredients (serves 2):
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp cinnamon or a whole stick if it is fresh only
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves
sprinkles of ground black pepper to taste (I've omitted this lately and like the tea just as much if not better)
1 cup water
1.5 cups fat-free or 2% milk
4 heaping spoons of loose black tea (I like Brooke Bond Red Label tea.)
1/2 tsp splenda
Method:
Pour water into small pot
Add spices
Bring to boil
Simmer for 2 mins
Add milk, let heat through for 30 seconds or so
Add tea
Milk/Water should start to bubble subtly. Watch closely. Let just a little bit of bubbles come up to boil.
Turn off heat. Put pot on back burner and cover. Let sit for 1 minute.
Pour tea over 2 mugs with strainer. Stir in sugar.
Mmmm, you will warmly smile as this little delight hits your palette! Do enjoy! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment