
His and Hers
~~~
~~~
Earlier today I surprised K with a green smoothie. Mind you, he's not a big fan of them! Anytime I tell him I'm making us a smoothie, he yells out, "NO greens!" He refuses to try any more after the two he had with spinach and kale. Anyway, I was hiding the one that looks tasty (LOL - the pink one!) behind my back, and I was smiling big as I acted like I was giving the green one to him. At the last minute I did a switcheroo and gave up the pink. He sure was relieved! Not that he would have drank it just to appease me. By the way, I've thought about giving him a smoothie with greens in a non-see-through cup, but I'm not his mama tryin' to sneak veggies in his diet! But, hmm, I don't know, the jury's still out on that one. I might someday, muahahahaha!
I'll start with the recipe I made for him:
1/2 cup coconut water
1/3 cup black grapes
1/3 lemon
This is delicious. It has that rich tart and sweet flavor like pink lemonade! I strained the pulp to create a smooth juice. Though he informed me after that he actually likes the thick pulp from the black grapes since the skin doesn't break up as much as other grapeskin. ?? Go figure. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. lol He and I seem to be polar opposites on nearly everything.
Now for my smoothie:
1/2 cup coconut water
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup green leaf lettuce
1/2 grapefruit
1/3 cup grapes
~~~

a word or two about the coconut waterI'm excited to be using coconut water in my smoothies and juices in place of spring water. Natural coconut water has no fat, no cholesterol, is low calorie, a good source of potassium, and has a subtle refreshing flavor. I like this young coconut water because it has no added sugars or preservatives. The packaging says "tetra pak protects what's good" on it and is recyclable. :)
Great smoothies! It's always fun to see what color comes out of each one.
ReplyDeleteYum! Love green smoothies and young Thai coconut water. :)
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Kristen
Thanks for stopping by, Ladies :)
ReplyDeleteMeeso, I like when the color is vibrant and pretty! :)
Kristen, I recently started adding young coconut water to my smoothies and am so happy about this new addition to my recipes :) If you have a favorite brand, do share ;)
By the way, over the years I've bought the coconut water at a local Indian grocer but then I happened to see another brand (O.n.e.) at Kroger in the organics section last week. Two different brands but both come in that tetra pak which is BPA-free & recyclable and another thing to be thrilled about. I think all liquids should come in that friendly packaging. www.tetrapakusa.com