Capsicum Masala Rice is a little bit of heaven in the form of fluffy rice dazzled with peppers, peanuts and more... Mmmm! I saw a how-to video by Sanjay of VahRehVah, and set out to make this spicy dish today... It was lots of f u n !
Ingredients:
5 dried red chili peppers
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon dal
(I didn't catch which kind of dal he used,
but I happened to have one that looked similarly white in color.)
1/3 cup raw peanuts
6 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 1/2 bell pepper (I used red and green), chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 cup rice, cooked
Method:
Dry roast red chili peppers, seeds, dal and peanuts...
Swirl the ingreds around in a med-hot *dry* skillet for 1 or so minutes as they darken up.
Add curry leaves, and swirl around another 30 seconds.
Pour contents into a food processor.
Grind until it's just coarse.
(I like it a little more crunchy.)
Add the garam masala powder,
and pulse one more time.


Saute the bell pepper and butter for a few minutes on med-heat.
Add a pinch of salt.

Pour the masala mix into the skillet with the bell peppers,
and stir.
Turn off heat.

Stir in rice.
Garnish with cilantro if you prefer.
It's ready to serve!

I hope you enjoy !
5 dried red chili peppers
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon dal
(I didn't catch which kind of dal he used,
but I happened to have one that looked similarly white in color.)
1/3 cup raw peanuts
6 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 1/2 bell pepper (I used red and green), chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 cup rice, cooked
Method:
Dry roast red chili peppers, seeds, dal and peanuts...
Swirl the ingreds around in a med-hot *dry* skillet for 1 or so minutes as they darken up.
Add curry leaves, and swirl around another 30 seconds.
Pour contents into a food processor.
Grind until it's just coarse.
(I like it a little more crunchy.)
Add the garam masala powder,
and pulse one more time.
Saute the bell pepper and butter for a few minutes on med-heat.
Add a pinch of salt.
Pour the masala mix into the skillet with the bell peppers,
and stir.
Turn off heat.
Stir in rice.
Garnish with cilantro if you prefer.
It's ready to serve!
I hope you enjoy !
Perfect lunch... I'm dreading going into the kitchen and finishing my dal... You could just share a bowl of this with me :)
ReplyDeleteI'll gladly share some with you! :)
ReplyDeleteoh love this and that guy is so great to learn from lol
ReplyDelete