~~~
I was inspired by Ani Phyo's Ginger Almond Pate, and came up with this recipe with just a little tweak:
Ingredients:
1 cup almonds, soaked overnight (change water after 6 hours)
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tablespoon grated ginger
3 inch piece carrot, grated
1 lemon, juice
3 inch piece green onion, chopped
1/4 cup water
1 tsp olive oil
salt to taste
Method:
Run all ingredients together through a food processor, and it's ready. :)
The best way I can describe the flavor of the pate is that it tastes like a ginger lemon spread, perhaps like a cream cheese. You would never guess it's made of almonds. The flavor is such a tasty complement as a dip for vegetables or spread over crackers.
1 cup almonds, soaked overnight (change water after 6 hours)
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tablespoon grated ginger
3 inch piece carrot, grated
1 lemon, juice
3 inch piece green onion, chopped
1/4 cup water
1 tsp olive oil
salt to taste
Method:
Run all ingredients together through a food processor, and it's ready. :)
The best way I can describe the flavor of the pate is that it tastes like a ginger lemon spread, perhaps like a cream cheese. You would never guess it's made of almonds. The flavor is such a tasty complement as a dip for vegetables or spread over crackers.
I love ginger flavors and this is going to be a wonderful spread for crackers! Nice recipe - thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteInteresting recipe, would be perfect for crackers... By the way, you have a cute space:)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rachana :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Mriganayani! I also love the flavor of ginger!
hey cool recipe..loved the use of ginger
ReplyDeletefirst time here...u have a lovely space...just started blogging..and love to add u in my list..
ur comments/suggestions r highly appreciated..happy blogging...following u>>>>>>
sanyuktagour(bayes)
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/
Thank you, Sanyukta. :) Of course you can add me to your list. I will hop over and check out your blog, too. :)
ReplyDelete