~~~
What, oh what, oh what can I do with baby baby bellas! I saw these in Kroger yesterday, and they looked too cute to not take some home with me! I can't just marvel at them all day; I should eat them, I thought. ;) Here's what I came up with, and it was yuuum! ...
Ingredients:
1/2 box baby bella mushrooms, washed and sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, grated
5 fresh basil leaves, cut into small pieces
mozzarella cheese, cubed or sliced
salt, black pepper & red pepper to taste
1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Method:
In a small bowl, pour the vinegar over the mushrooms, and stir around.
Add garlic, salt and pepper.
Pour olive oil over the mushrooms and stir.
1/2 box baby bella mushrooms, washed and sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, grated
5 fresh basil leaves, cut into small pieces
mozzarella cheese, cubed or sliced
salt, black pepper & red pepper to taste
1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Method:
In a small bowl, pour the vinegar over the mushrooms, and stir around.
Add garlic, salt and pepper.
Pour olive oil over the mushrooms and stir.
Heat skillet on medium...I set mine between 5 & 6.
Once it is hot, spoon out the mushrooms onto the skillet (no need to pour the entire mixture).
Once it is hot, spoon out the mushrooms onto the skillet (no need to pour the entire mixture).
Stir a couple of times, and let them sizzle briefly...
All it takes is a quick zap to release some more flavor!
The intention is also for the mushrooms to still be relatively raw on the inside. :)
Spoon them out onto a plate, and add the basil and mozzarella to your liking.
~~~
what a delightful recipe and neat space you have here! Love your shots of the markets in Shanghai! Do you live there?
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Adelina!
ReplyDeleteNo, I live in the US, was just visiting another American. The entire trip was pretty fantastic...I have more pics (think cha(tea) houses, tai chi and temples!) and stories to come over the next several days... I'll get more posted. :)
Thanks again for stopping by!
That looks so good, I love Portobello mushrooms!
ReplyDeleteI am just starting to love mushrooms! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your words of encouragement! I'm sure I'll keep updating on my progress and I hope to loose those 13lbs.
ReplyDeleteAwesome and fabulous.
ReplyDeleteLooks so tasty! I love mushrooms!
ReplyDeletebasil and garlic, my two favorite ingredients! so delicious.
ReplyDeleteThanks Meeso, Amanda, Shanthi, Heather and Griffen :)
ReplyDeleteThats a lovely recipe! Yumm!
ReplyDeleteSure! cannot wait to explore more of your stories and recipes!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice time!
Paula
It's true that they look so cute and you have given a lovely recipe with that. You have a lovely blog, will visit often to check your creations :)
ReplyDeleteBasil , mozzarella and baby bella mushroom looks delicious. I love mushroom stir fry always.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. You have nice space, sure comeback for more tasty recipes.