

Today is day 6 of having at least one green smoothie per day!
Actually, I drank two smoothies today: one for breakfast and one for dinner. I also had a salad for lunch...Now mind you, I had a gigantic salad with tons of veggies including a heaping portion of salsa & guacamole in it. It wasn't just a plate with a few leaves of lettuce. I'm stuffed! I figured that a lighter and more fruity smoothie for dinner would be refreshing and enough. Though, I may end up having a tomato & spinach salad in a few hours. You know what, I feel surprisingly full of energy... I guess it's really true that you can get all of the nutrients that you need by mainly eating fresh fruits and veggies. I thought I'd be feeling really weak without a lot of bread, but that's not the case at all.
Anyway, here's the recipe for what I made tonight!
4 strawberries
roughly...
1/3 cup blueberries
1/3 cup red grapes
1 slice of lemon; This time I put the whole slice into the blender (peeled like you do oranges)
1/3 cup baby spinach
1/3 cup water
Optional: 1 more slice of lemon to squeeze into the finished product. No stirring needed. I really liked this additional zingy flavor.
I bought a new single-serve Hamilton Beach blender from Amazon. It's the perfect size blender for just me since K isn't interested in drinking these yet. If he comes around maybe eventually we'll upgrade, but this little blender is wonderful for now. It takes under 5 minutes from the time I pull the fruits & veggies out of the fridge to the time I'm drinking it (That includes cleanup)!
So quick, simple, h e a l t h y & d e l i c i o u s !
I'll be starting a two-week detox on Sunday by eating all raw foods (no dairy...that means byebye to my morning chai). I'll be posting about it. So I hope you'll come back and see my progress! :)
Love a good smoothie! I've been drinking two Green Superfood smoothies a day. I have tons more energy! Can't wait to hear more about your RAW eating.
ReplyDeleteYou're strong, I've tried doing things like this and I can never stick with it! The best I can do is replace something bad with something better... even that makes me feel better, so I can imagine how great your feeling!
ReplyDeleteyes, it's amazing how much nutritional power is in these green smoothies.
ReplyDeleteYour smoothies sound awesome! I plan to have 2-3 myself tomorrow, as well as a giant salad like you described. YUMMY!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers to Healthy Eating,
Kristen
Healthy and tasty - I love smoothies.
ReplyDelete